FEMA Seeks Applicants For National Advisory Council
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is requesting that qualified individuals who are interested in serving on the FEMA National Advisory Council (NAC) submit an application to be considered for appointment.
The NAC is a Federal advisory committee established to ensure effective and ongoing coordination of Federal preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation for natural and man-made disasters, including acts of terrorism. The NAC is a geographically diverse mix of officials, emergency managers, and emergency response providers from state, tribal, and local governments, the private sector, and nongovernmental organizations who advise the FEMA Administrator on all aspects of emergency management.
FEMA is accepting applications for open positions in the following discipline areas:
- Elected Tribal Government Executive (one representative appointment)
- Non-elected Tribal Government Official (one representative appointment)
- Emergency Management Field (one representative appointment)
- Emergency Response Providers, which includes fire, law enforcement, hazardous materials response, emergency medical services, and organizations representing emergency response providers (one representative appointment)
- Standards Setting and Accrediting Organizations, which includes the voluntary consensus codes and standards development community (one representative appointment)
- Individuals with Disabilities (one representative appointment)
- Health Scientist (one Special Government Employee (SGE) appointment)
- Infrastructure Protection Expert (one SGE appointment)
- Administrator Selections (up to five SGE appointments)
The FEMA Administrator may also appoint additional candidates to represent emerging leaders in emergency management.
All appointments are for 3-year terms beginning in September of 2017. All applications must be received by the close of business on March 15, 2017.
Detailed instructions on how to apply can be found at: http://www.fema.gov/membership-applications and in the Federal Register Notice.
Read more here:: FEMA Seeks Applicants For National Advisory Council